My Best Selfie
Hello Spectrum Noir fans! I hope you are all having a great week!
Maria Russell here with you today from the Spectrum Noir tutorial design team.
I am up on the blog today to share with you two simple cards, showcasing my new LOVE, the Spectrum Noir Classique markers, paired with the TriBlend markers.
Take a look at my tutorial below and give it a try today! Pop over to our Facebook page, or our Facebook group to share the results when you give it a try! And be sure to follow us on Instragram for even more inspiration!
- Stamp the image using spectrum noir alcohol proof ink in rustic brown.
- Choose some classique markers to color the images. For ease of reference, I always look at my coloring chart to find the colors that I need.
- Color the images with the markers, making sure to go back and forth to blend the colors nicely. For the guinea pigs and cats, I used: Muted Browns (MB1, MB2, MB3), with FS9 (Cream), and my Pale Pink TriBlend markers for the cheeks, ears and paws.
- To make the images pop, I colored the background with True Blues (TB1 and TB2).
- Die-cut the polaroid using the Polaroid Shaker Frame die twice. I want to create some dimension by adding the gray piece behind the white.
- Die-cut some piece of card stock with a rectangle die slightly smaller than the card-base and use an embossing folder to emboss this piece. Adhere this piece on the card base with some strong liquid adhesive.
- Prepare your black card stock by using a powder bag to get rid of static. Die-cut the banner using a banner die from this black card stock. Stamp the sentiment using Spectrum Noir watermark ink. Sprinkle some embossing powder and heat-set using a heating tool. Use a microfiber cloth to get rid of any excess powder.
- Assemble the card and add embellishments.
Both cards are identical in design with the exception of the images and sentiments.
I really LOVE how the cards turned out. The Classique markers are my new favorite markers to use.
Here is the other card:
I hope you like my projects today. If you are looking for further details about the Classique coloring system, please visit the Spectrum Noir website. I encourage you to check out more awesome inspiration from the design team. Have an amazing day and happy coloring!