Stamp It By Heidi
You will need:
Clear Embossing powder
I started today’s fun card project by stamping the outline image from the Crafter’s Companion “Background Layering Stamps” stamp set onto paper that can handle water well using black ink and then I heat embossed using clear embossing powder. This way my lines stay black and crisp.
Now that the image is stamped I can die cut it in exactly the right place using a rectangle die. Of course you can die cut first and then stamp but this way I can stamp a second time over if not all the lines are as dark and black as I like (using a stamping tool like a MISTI) the first time around.
Next I can lay down my first layer of colour, using my Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers in combination with a water brush: starting with Aquamarine around the image, Verdant Green for the green leafs, Yellow for the large flowers, Slate for the oak leafs and Purple for the crocuses.
To deepen the colours I add a second layer and for this I use: Fern for the smaller leafs, Orange for the large flowers, Chocolate for the oak leafs and Sepia for the crocuses. If you’re going for an autumn look then you can leave it at this!
But I wanted these colours to create a base for my lighter colours again. That is why I now add another layer of the colours that I started out with (only the Aquamarine is not being just for the second time). When done I added highlights using a white Gelly Roll Pen.
I also die cut a slightly larger panel from some matching purple card stock from my stash and I selected a card base in creme (because that matches the colour of the paper I used for the colourful front).
For this card I choose one of the sentiments from the Clearly Besotted stamp set “Sweet Sentiments Plus”. I stamped the sentiment onto vellum using black ink and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder (otherwise it will take a very long time before the ink will dry on the vellum).
Because the flower image is very dark the sentiment will be hard to read and that is why I cut a strip of light yellow card stock slightly smaller then the vellum to create an underlay for the vellum strip. These strips I adhered together using a see through tape runner by Crafter’s Companion.
I adhered both rectangle panels together using liquid glue and then wrapped the vellum combination around the panels and adhering on the back using regular tape. Now I only have to adhere this combination to the card base using one millimetre thick foam tape and my card is finished!